Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Confused on where to get drivers.

• Please log in to reply

Loopah

Loopah

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am going to format my PC and I need to put all my drivers on a CD or disk. Last time I formatted I had a problem with loading SATA or RAID drives during setup and I would like to fix that this time. Could anyone give me a detailed explanation on what drives I need to load at setup and where I can find the rest to put on a CD for when I get XP up and running?

Here is a pic of all my devices:

Posted Image

Windows XP Pro
Asus A8V Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1G DDRRAM

Advertisements

Deadringers

Deadringers

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Very detailed sketch there :tazz:

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Your best bet is to find out the exact model number of your mobo, then go to manufacturers website & download the motherboard drivers, including the SATA driver floppy disk. Do the same for the rest of your hardware.
The only driver you should need for the reinstall is the SATA driver. Just press F6 when prompted, after starting XP setup, insert the floppy & install the sata/raid driver.

If you don't know the exact model of the motherboard, download this & it will tell you :
http://majorgeeks.co...tion_d4181.html