Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Must-Have Apps For Your New PC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
VLC Media Player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Plays almost all media file types.

Advertisements

SJSCHOO

SJSCHOO

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

And I have removed him from Geek U.  He will not be able to become a staff member here.

ScHwErV  :)

View Post

unless he just changes his name..... :tazz:

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
mods can view user ips so they will know who the person is.

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

mods can view user ips so they will know who the person is.

View Post

But arent alot of IP's dynamically assigned and so change frequently? If you're on dial up they change everytime you log into your ISP.

Best regards,

EMCguy

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
Don't worry EMCguy,

forum admins have ways to deal with those too :tazz:

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
I'm not worried, at least I dont ....... whats that????>>I hear sometihng at my door !!!!>wwnskj>><<sfkja :tazz: argh............ :)

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
muahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
:) :tazz:

lostatsea

lostatsea

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Clean Up! used to be recommended here on the "Do you suspect a malware infection?" page, but now it's not. It's not recommended on this thread either.

How come? Should I stop using it on my XP PC? Should I use something else on my new laptop?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
The reason for Clean Up being remove is on some computers it was doing some bad stuff, such as removing the files needed for the Xp Theme and sometimes doing something so after running it the desktop did not show. So it was temperley removed till the staff members have decided why this happens. It it works for you keep it, if not try CCleaner.

Advertisements

lalex81

lalex81

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Is there any mediaplayer that plays every (or the most used) format?... WMP is the best I think, but sometimes doesn't run all the codecs needed, has some problems with .avi and definitly can't run .mov

DaDonkaDonkas

DaDonkaDonkas

• Pip
  • 1 posts

the bad thing about firefox is that it doesn't display pages correctly if the html/java or coding isn't 100%, and since there are a LOT of amateur site owners around the web, it's harder to view sites which have html coding problems that aren't visible when you view them in Netscape or internet explorer. :tazz:

I will be honest, that is one of my sites. I have looked in the HTML code and I can't seem to find out what I am doing wrong. You can check my site out, http://www.dadonkadonkas.com/ . Everything works fine in IE6 but when I open it up in Firefox, the "Facebook me and Myspace Me" coding is off. If you guys have free time and would like to help, I would appreciate it.

BTW, this is my first post but I have been on the forums now looking as a gues, might as well joined. Great forum!

I.D.S. Administrator

I.D.S. Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
inappropriate comment removed.

Edited by Kat, 23 November 2007 - 09:26 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

inappropriate comment removed.

You dug up a thread that's over two years old to make an inappropriate comment? :)

Topic closed