Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

An exception occurred C \WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll

• Please log in to reply

Echo_01

Echo_01

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I turned my computer and everything loaded up as usual, went to my user name, it loaded my settings and this popped out
An exception occurred while trying to run C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
I tried with the other user names, I tried installing Windows XP again but got the same pop up. How can I fix this, I cant use any software on the computer and I had a lot of pictures in the HDD that I dont want to loose. Please help, what can be the problem?

Edited by Echo_01, 25 June 2005 - 01:15 PM.

Advertisements

The Operator

The Operator

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well first you need to know what it is...

What is it?
Nvidia Media Center Tray - NvMcTray.dll

-------------------------

It seems that you might have corrupted video drivers. Or it could be some form of malware that has corrupted that file. As for installing XP, how did you do it?

Echo_01

Echo_01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for the reply, I hit DEL before it loaded Windows, set up the BIOS to boot from CDROM, reinstalled windows(30+ minutes) and rebooted again. It asked me if I wanted to repair hit R, tried that but couldn't figure out how to do it so reinstalled the windows, I did this 3 or 4 times with the same result.
Any suggestions?? A week ago I noticed that the morpheus was on, found a whole bunch of new crap software(free poker and stuff) removed morpheus from the control panel.

The Operator

The Operator

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
That might be the key to this delima. How did you get rid of it? Cause a simple delete doesn't always work.

As for the windows installing, if you just re-install, not repair but re-install, it keeps files existing on your HD it just re-installs all windows components. If anything try that, if that doesn't work then it could be Morpheus still on your pc...but let's pray for the better. :tazz:

Echo_01

Echo_01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
when I try to repair it asks
Which Windows installation would you like to log onto(press enter to cancel)?
what do I do next?

The Operator

The Operator

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

As for the windows installing, if you just re-install, not repair but re-install, it keeps files existing on your HD it just re-installs all windows components.

Like I said earlier don't repair, re-install. :tazz:

Chadduss

Chadduss

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
As The Operator has said a repair doesn't erase any of the programs and files on your computer. I would suggest trying to reinstall your Nvidia drivers.

Echo_01

Echo_01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've tried resintalling a couple of times, and I get the same message, I have the video card cd, how can I reinstall the files to the windows system32?