Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Tru Prevent Personal

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I had a post on spyware/malware problems in general and included Tru Prevent Personal in with the programs that I listed and got a response from a member indicating that he had a problem as well with updates on the program and so I thought that I would do an individual post and ask if anyone uses Panda's Tru Prevent Personal and what are their experiences?

For me from the beginning when I purchased it and did the D/L it showed that my PC was fully protected and now that lasts for a couple of days and then I get a pop up telling me to update as I am now at a medium protection risk situation.
then I try to do this manually inspite of the fact that I have it set to auto update and get an error "that new virus signatures can't be installed".

the program has not worked properly from the start and Panda's support is horrible, they keep directing me to a sight to D/L the latest version and I already have that one and it does not update.

I hope to hear from others.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
automatic updates

here are the manual signitures: