Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop wont turn on!

• Please log in to reply

showty200

showty200

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, i have this older but very useful dell laptop. About a week ago, my laptop was working perfectly fine with no problems. Then one day just out of the blue, it wont turn on. This has never happened before. The power light and the battery light on the front turns on along with the caps lock, scroll lock, and num lock buttons. They all stay on for like 3 seconds, blink once, stay on for another second, then turn off. There are no other lights like the hd light turning on or booting up sounds comming from the laptop like the cd-rom or the cpu fan, just those lights. <_<

A description of the laptop...it is a dell latitude cpi, pentium 2 around 400Mhz, windows 2000, 128 mb of ram, 16 or 24 mb of video ram, the battery works because of the lights that turn on when i press the button on the battery, the ac adapter is good in all outlets so theres no power problem. It is in good condition. Ive had it for a year or two, it is second hand, but from my dads company so you kno it is in good condition and has been kept in good shape.

You might think it is a waste of time on an older computer, but its not really because when it did work, it was runing the wireless internet, and all other sorts of programs at the same time and i love it so, i need someones help.

Advertisements

8r0k3a55

8r0k3a55

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a dell latitude cpi laptop and it does the same. I press the power button and my lights come on but nothing else and the lights flash then go off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Just because the battery light flashes doenst mean it is working ket it sit on charge for a about a day then try it.

owi

owi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Is there a reset button? Press it and try again.
Try to start with no battary in it.

Good luck

8r0k3a55

8r0k3a55

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Still no go. could the bios battery have anything to do with it? Just wandering open for suggestions. thanks