Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-Aware freezing after Smitfraud.c removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

freebird53

freebird53

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I have just been through all the steps for removing the Smitfraud.c virus and have gotten to the Ad Aware section and it freezes everytime I get to the c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\spweng\169597343.dat part of the scan. I read previous posts and went through all the steps of defragging and stopping just before it gets to the file it freezes on and still nothing works. It keeps hanging up in the spweng section. Can someone please tell me what to do...

Advertisements

freebird53

freebird53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I have gotten no reply to this post, but just to add an addition to the previous one....I went to the file specified above and there is no file in that folder under that name. Maybe that's why the adaware is freezing?

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Application data is hidden, to view it you need to enable the option in Folder options.

Have you got Ad-aware selected running a full system scan?

Are you using the latest definition file?