Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NSIS Error

• Please log in to reply

Dark-Fact

Dark-Fact

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have gotten banned from a website known as http://www.rigg.arrowsmash.com but I do not feel comfortable telling why I have gotten banned. I used a Proxy Web Server to view the website and I download a file that was posted on the website. When I tryed to load the program file, I received an error message saying, "The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus. You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy. It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command switch (NOT RECOMMENDED).". Is there any possible way I could prevent this error message from stopping me? If so, please tell me. If not, could someone please download the file I tryed to download from the website and send the file to my email at [email protected]? The file I tryed to download is located at http://rigg.arrowsma...YsI(US)v126.exe. :tazz:

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

If you were banned from the site for downloading that file, then I must assume it was not yours to download or was not supposed to be downloaded..

Therefore, I doubt if anyone here will help you open or run it!!

Murray

Dark-Fact

Dark-Fact

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I did not get banned from the website for downloading the file. The file is a public file on the website that anyone can download. The Administrator of the website posted the file on his website for people to download. ;) But to tell the truth, I do not exactly know why I got banned. The Administrator of the website never told me why I got banned. :tazz: Please, I sure would appreciate it if someone would help me with my needs of assistance.

Edited by Dark-Fact, 25 June 2005 - 10:22 PM.

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
You aren't making a great deal of sense here. First, you say that you are banned from a website, and you don't want to tell us why you were banned -

I have gotten banned from a website known as http://www.rigg.arrowsmash.com but I do not feel comfortable telling why I have gotten banned.

Then, you go on to say that you don't know why you were banned in the first place.

But to tell the truth, I do not exactly know why I got banned.

Okay, you need to make up your mind about just what exactly you want to tell us and what you don't, and also give an accurate report on just what's going on in order for people to be able to help you. Don't contradict yourself, or take back words after posting them - it makes things very confusing for those who are trying to help you solve your problem. No offense, of course. :tazz:

That aside, how do you know you are banned? Or was it simply because you had a problem trying to download the file that you assume you were banned? More details, please! Anyway, since you are still able to download files off the website despite being banned, getting banned probably wouldn't post too big a problem, right? At any rate, you most likely should check with the administrator of the website regarding the whole banning issue, since only they would be able to give you a satisfactory reply. Most of the people down here are probably outsiders of the website and wouldn't know how the administrator handle such things.

As for the downloading file problem, it could be any of the things suggested by the error message. Check out this thread for instructions on how to resolve malware problems.

I tried downloading the file from the URL you posted in your message and nope, no problem trying to access the download for me. I'll send it to you, I suppose, although I'd still recommend you still check your system for malware and/or viruses in order to prevent such problems from re-arising in the future.

EDIT: Err. Tried sending the file as an e-mail attachment to you, but Thunderbird couldn't process the command or something - said it was an illegal attachment??!! Sorry...guess you'll have to check your system for malware, then try downloading the file yourself again once your computer has been confirmed to be clean.

Edited by cassykins, 25 June 2005 - 11:24 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
either it corrupted on download, possible since you went through a proxy server.

the other option is that you need to download the latest windows installer, available from windows updates.

After looking at the file I see no problems in posting it. I've attached the file. just rename the file from txt to exe.

you should email the admin and let him know your ip was banned and your not sure why.

Dark-Fact

Dark-Fact

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
CassyCins, I did not know what to say about me being banned because Administrator of the website will not reply to me when I email him asking why I got banned and also, when I try to enter the website useing Internet Explorer or FireFox, I get a banned message saying, "Forbidden You don't have permission to access website on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.". I just do not know why I got banned from the website. And my problem has nothing to do about Malware. Starjax posted an attachment of the file. All I have to do it download the file and save the file under '.exe'. Starjax, thank you for posting an attachment of the file. I really appreciate it. If there is anything I can do for you, just tell me. This Topic may be closed now, since the file attachment works fine. Thank you. :tazz: