Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Horrible framerates with monster hardware

• Please log in to reply

alfredthehobo

alfredthehobo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I just upgraded my computer with a AMD 64 3200+, PNY 6800GT and an ASUS K8N mobo. I also have 1GB PC3200 and an 80GB SATA HDD. I am getting horrible framerates in all games I play, but I should be getting exceptional. All drivers are up to date and I felt like asking the populace of these forums before going to Frys and having to finiggle my way into them into exchanging all my crap. Any help would be appreciated. Hard drive is fresh so no old drivers are present.

In Counterstrike:Source I have it set on 1024x768(!!!) 4xAA 8xAF everything on high, in stress test I get a 75FPS. My friend has the exact same system as me spec wise and gets over 150FPS at these settings. I regularly drop below 30FPS doing anything in game.

In BF2 it just runs like [bleep] even on a low populated server, really draggy framerates but haven't found the console command for showing FPS.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisements