Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media player 10

• Please log in to reply

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Ok whenever i try to use it weither it be movies or music i get some error that says internal error what do i do?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
run windows updates to make sure all of the critical patches are installed. go into media player and see if it has any updates (under help, check player for updates).

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i cant even open it and i havent seen any updates is there a way that i could completly wipe out windows media player and just reinstall it?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
add remove programs via the control panel

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i cant find it in the controll panel but if i go to the controll panal and go 2 the windows component thing i can see it there but i dont know what 2 do

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
its under add/remove programs. make sure you are showing windows updates (check box in upper right of "add/remove programs". its listed under windows xp updates.

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
nope it doesent say that it is there all i get for windows updates is these hotfix things there are 6

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, then we need to install microsoft's msi cleanup tool
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;290301

launch the program and then look for media player. after its removed close the msi cleanup tool and reinstall media player.