Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

where did the attachment go?

• Please log in to reply

hall6423

hall6423

• Pip
  • 3 posts
In Outlook 2000, I received a Word document via e-mail, worked on it and saved it. (Forgot to do a "Save As.") Where is this document now? When I try to access it via the recently used document list in Word, the link doesn't work. I assume and hope it's saved somewhere on my computer, otherwise the program wouldn't have let me save. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
First of all, did you open the Word document from Outlook or did you save it to your hard drive?

"O"

hall6423

hall6423

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I opened it from Outlook. I saved it a number of times while I was working on it, but forgot to do a "Save As."

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
I think that you will find that your document is still attached to the email, but I doubt that any of the changes that you made were actually saved. You may have to open the email again and first save the document to your hard drive and then use that document.

HTH
"O"

hall6423

hall6423

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah, you're right. It's nowhere to be found. Thanks, anyway.

-BH