Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lost soundcard [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

grinderk627

grinderk627

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
Can anyone shed light on a problem I've had since fitting a new motherboard (Jetway 845EPRO) My last motherboard was continually crashing on me, and when I swapped various components from a 2nd computer, the answer seemed to lie in the motherboard. I bought a replacement from my local computer shop, and everything seemed to be working fine, except that I no longer have sound, and programs that ran with sound are telling me that the sound card/drivers are missing. I know the last motherboard had a sound card built into it. Could the new motherboard require a sound card?. Also when I boot the system up, a line appears on screen saying that "MBULTRA133 BIOS IS NOT INSTALLED BECAUSE THERE ARE NO DRIVES ATTACHED". The new motherboard did not come with a disc, but I was told that the new motherboard was a direct replacement. Am I missing something obvious?

Advertisements

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi

You seem to be having a hardware / related driver problem !!

Can you post a log in this section ?? Somebody there should be able to help you out !!!

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.