Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Administrator account

• Please log in to reply

Poseidon

Poseidon

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Help me with my adninistrator account.I have windows xp Professional and forgot my administrator account.I want to know how to recupere it if there is a method.
Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://home.eunet.no...rdahl/ntpasswd/

the above utility will help you "blank" your password to you can get back into your admin account.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

http://home.eunet.no...rdahl/ntpasswd/

the above utility will help you "blank" your password to you can get back into your admin account.

View Post

Ok, its a cool site, but there is an easier way, if you can get hold of linux boot up disk, then try booting up with that.... it should override the last admin password set on windows and set it back to nothing....simple. Try get newer version of linux boot up disk, cause i doubt a 1899 boot disk will work,i never tried it though, but if it does please noticfy me. Cool i hope this works. Goodluck!!!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Have you ever actually tried that? or did you just read that somewhere?

There is no reason that should work.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Have you ever actually tried that? or did you just read that somewhere?

There is no reason that should work.

View Post

Nope,i did read it somewere,and i actually did try it, and it did work. You got linux you should know the capablities of what linux can do.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
as an aside, the utility I showed is a linux boot disk.

What I am wondering about is booting with a linux boot disk resetting the windows password. I think something is getting lost here, because the mere act of booting will not alter the windows initialization files where the password is stored.

If you can refer me to some more information, I would be grateful. As I said, something is getting lost here.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
when xp has the log on screen hit ctrl alt delete twice.
this should allow you in or
if you have access via a normal login go to start > run then type in
control userpasswords2 then click on ok