Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random startup problem - NO VGA

• Please log in to reply

bytescomputers

bytescomputers

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
i have a strange problem with a system I have just built,
I built it and installed all OS etc. and had no problems atall,

then the next morning I turn it on and the lights come on and the fans come on but no VGA atall, the HDD light stays on, I power off the system a few times and then it will fire up fine.

yesterday it fired right into windows without any vga, yet the previous times it would just sit there with lights and fans on and go nowhere.

coudl the graphics card stop the system from booting properly sometimes and others just boot fine but with no video signal?

once the system has started up it will work fine untill its powered down overnight or for a good few hours.

this is one of those annoying problems that I really cant afford to spend too much time on!

any ideas woudl be greatly appreciated

many thanks

ps - very usefull site :tazz:)

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
"yesterday it fired right into windows without any vga, yet the previous times it would just sit there with lights and fans on and go nowhere."

what do you mean it fired into windows without any vga?

Also, could we have some system specs please, in particular, cpu/mobo/ram/video/psu?

bytescomputers

bytescomputers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
its definatly not a compatibility issue, and i havnt got all the specs to hand.

the system works fine apart from getting it going,
sometimes when turned on it wont post , sometimes it will post but have no display, (will load windows)

this only ever happens after a while of being off, like in the morning when the system is turned on

its very odd

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Sounds like it might be a problem with the PSU. Without some specs though it's hard to say for sure.