Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help removing LOADINGWEBSITE [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Capelli

Capelli

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Need help removing loadingwebsite....

I am already running trend internet security product Adaware-SE plus, Spybot, and a few other spyware removal tools.... no luck getting rid of loadingwebsite.
one. Attached File  report062605.txt   22.33KB   151 downloads my l2mfix FIND log. And hijhackthis log . Attached File  hijackthis062605.txt   4.94KB   129 downloads

Advertisements

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi Capeilli,

Thanks for running l2mfix.

I presume you still have the l2mfic files on on your PC.

Close any programs you have open since this step requires a reboot.

From the l2mfix folder on your desktop, double click l2mfix.bat and select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing enter, then press any key to reboot your computer. After a reboot, your desktop and icons will appear, then disappear (this is normal). L2mfix will continue to scan your computer and when it's finished, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it back into this thread, along with a new hijackthis log, and we'll clean up what's left. :tazz:

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other files in the l2mfix folder unless you are asked to do so!

Capelli

Capelli

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Attached File  lo2.txt   2.36KB   172 downloadsHere are the logs you requested.

and hijack this... Attached File  hijackthis062705.txt   4.94KB   152 downloads

I hope this works... the pop-ups are killing me....

:tazz:

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Lets try this again !!!The log file you have give may not be the complete copy

Download L2mfix from one of these two locations:

http://www.atribune....oads/l2mfix.exe
http://www.downloads....org/l2mfix.exe

Save the file to your desktop and double click l2mfix.exe. Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts, then open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop. Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #1 for Run Find Log by typing 1 and then pressing enter. This will scan your computer and it may appear nothing is happening, then, after a minute or 2, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it into this thread.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run option #2 OR any other files in the l2mfix folder until you are asked to do so!

Capelli

Capelli

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Attached File  report.txt   22.06KB   179 downloads Okay here's the new log ...

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi Capeilli,

Yuo still have the VX2 infection on your PC !!!!

Close any programs you have open since this step requires a reboot.

From the l2mfix folder on your desktop, double click l2mfix.bat and select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing enter, then press any key to reboot your computer. After a reboot, your desktop and icons will appear, then disappear (this is normal). L2mfix will continue to scan your computer and when it's finished, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it back into this thread, along with a new hijackthis log, and we'll clean up what's left. :tazz:

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other files in the l2mfix folder unless you are asked to do so!

Capelli

Capelli

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have re-run the fix program and re-produced the log..... here it is. Attached File  report.txt   22.18KB   265 downloads

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi Capelli,

this is the log file generated if you choose Option 1.

Run the file again and choose Option 2 this time.

From the l2mfix folder on your desktop, double click l2mfix.bat and select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing enter, then press any key to reboot your computer. After a reboot, your desktop and icons will appear, then disappear (this is normal). L2mfix will continue to scan your computer and when it's finished, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it back into this thread, along with a new hijackthis log, and we'll clean up what's left.

Capelli

Capelli

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Something must be wrong with the way I am doing this.... I run #2 then my machine reboots, but when it comes back it does not have the effect you tell me it should . My icons do not disappear and I do not get the notepad log. I have reinstalled the l2mfix program twice. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I have to logon after the reboot ? By the way thanks for your help so far....

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi capelli,

You have to logon when the computer reboots!! Make sure that you logon with a profile which has administrative rights on the PC !!

Try the tool and option #2 once more. If it doesnt work we will do it manually !!!!

Advertisements

Capelli

Capelli

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I do logon and have full admin rights to the pc....... How do I run it manually ?

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
From the l2mfix folder on your desktop, double click l2mfix.bat and select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing enter, then press any key to reboot your computer. After a reboot, your desktop and icons will appear, then disappear (this is normal). L2mfix will continue to scan your computer and when it's finished, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it back into this thread, along with a new hijackthis log, and we'll clean up what's left.

Capelli

Capelli

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Tampabelle , I think you may be misunderstanding me a bit....
I have installed and run both step 1 and 2 of the l2mfix software, however, after my system comes back from the reboot in step 2 and I logon, I do not get the notepad with the log, nor do I see my icons disappear and re-appear. It's as if on the return from the reboot whatever process is supposed to be running that produces the log isn't there. :tazz:

Please advise ......

thanks

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi Capelli,

Lets try it another way then -

Please download RootKitRevealer from here:
http://www.sysintern...kitrevealer.zip
Unzip it to the desktop, run it, and click Scan. This will generate a log file; please post the entire contents of the log file here for me to see.

Capelli

Capelli

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Tampabelle,

I'm back here's the log from rootkitreveal.... Attached File  RootkitReveal070105.txt   185.26KB   110 downloads

Let see if this is any better.