Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2 Crashing problem

• Please log in to reply

UnimatriX

UnimatriX

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Is anyone else experiencing this problem or have a fix? I do have a temporary fix until they hopefully patch it, but god knows when that's coming out.

I've read on other threads that the BF2 engine or menu doesn't like ATi card's catalyst 5.5 and 5.6 drivers. What happens is usually after all the loading screens, once the menu starts, it turns into a million weird colours. Then it crashes and displays an error regarding the graphics driver or something.

I've read that the Omega 5.2 drivers could fix the problem, but I had no luck. What I found did work though was turning my graphics card's AGP settings to 4x from 8x. I don't know whether this might have some effects though, but I know that I don't prefer to run in these settings.

So has anyone heard of a solution for this problem other than what I'm doing?
I would appreciate any help,
Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
I got a solution. Don't buy Ati.

j/k try older drivers