Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

9800 Pro All in Wonder No Video

• Please log in to reply

chris8241

chris8241

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just put together a new computer with a 9800 Pro All in Wonder graphics card. The card came with Marrowind and when I've played it for about a half an hour the screen goes blank. I checked my system health and got the following temperatures

CPU 65C / 150F
System 39C / 102F

That seems high to me but I really don't know what I'm looking at. I have one 80mm fan in the front sucking air and one 120 mm fan in the back blowing. If the system is overheating what options do I have? Please help.

Advertisements

bytescomputers

bytescomputers

• Pip
  • 6 posts
those temps dont seem high enough to really cause many problems, not ideal but not overly high. you sure its that?

chris8241

chris8241

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeah there all about that level when the screen pukes out. When it first happened I touched the video card and it did feel hot but the other times the computer had just been started up and the vid card didn't feel hot at all. I'm wondering if maybe I got a bum copy of marrowind. I might try another game and see if it pukes out too.

chris8241

chris8241

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh by the way, what is are ideal temperatures for running a system?