Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AUDIO OUT

• Please log in to reply

LINKUP20GS

LINKUP20GS

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am running win xp pro after installing os my sound device will not play. windows sees the device which is a c-media ac 97' audio chip. But will not successfully load original drivers. Thus leading to the error message error code 10 this device cannot start. after uninstalling and searching with the hardware wizard windows successfully loads a supposedly compatable Realtek ac 97' audio codec. windows will show the device as active allow me to set the audio level and all else but there is absolutely no sound what so ever. I have gone into the bios and made certain that the audio device is active and it is but still no luck. Thanks in advance your friend in tech DA MISSING LINK

Edited by LINKUP20GS, 27 June 2005 - 09:45 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. I found this on google:
http://www.softwarep...media-9738.html

I did a search for c-media ac97 audio driver and found Results 1 - 10 of about 52,100 for c-media ac97 audio driver. The link above looks like a driver update. Take a look. Run a search yourself if this one does not help.