Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

sony vgc v2s change default language

• Please log in to reply

jamie65

jamie65

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I bought a German Sony vgc v2s pc from ebay. The seller told me I would be able to change the language settings to English. It wont work. I therefore tried the recovery disc but it is of course in German and doesnt offer English as the default language. What should I do????????????

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You were misinformed. you can only change the input language (ie stuff you type with the keyboard). The language used by Windows is 'hard-coded' into the operating system according to where it's being shipped. Your German version will always be a German version. You will have to buy an English version or learn to read German!

jamie65

jamie65

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Can i not get an English recovery disc and change the language that way? Thanks.