Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need info on m4a files.

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Recently started using "LIMEWIRE" and some of the audio tracks i have downloaded have come in the m4a format. Now , i know m4a is supposed to be the next step forward from mp3, but i cant play back any of these tracks on my computer. I use media player 10 for ripping and burning cds, but this doesent recognise them. my default player is my creative audigyzx2 player, but this also doesnt use the m4a format either.
Can anybody tell me a bit more about these files and how, if possible to get one of my players configured to play this type of audio when neccesary.
KEV.

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
You can use Winamp which I prefer, its free and you can download it from their website, it supports playing .m4a files.

http://www.winamp.com/

Edited by samiko, 26 June 2005 - 02:13 PM.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Many thanks,
Will download winamp if i have to ( i had lots of problems with it last year ). Hopefully someone at microsoft will come up with a codec for m4a,,,,,,, in the next couple of years or so. DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT ALOUD !!!!!!!!