Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

trial software

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

upivolgair

upivolgair

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

I have a program that i need to use for aproxx 40 days. I can install it on a trial licence, but the trial will only run for 30 days.
I heard that some programs put something in the registry and if you alter that or change it you could use it longer?

Or
Delete the entire program of the Hard Disk and install it again?

Maybe make a backup of the registry be4 I install the software and then after the 30 days trial uninstall the software and import the registry back so all settings stay the same and I can reiinstall the software again?

If anyone has any information about this, I would really like to know.

Thanks guys/girls

Greetz Upivolgair

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Sorry, but I doubt if anyone here is going to help you defeat the time limit expiration on a piece of commercial software..

If you need it, buy it!!

Murray

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Formating your hard drive and reinstalling everything works well. I did so because by computer died and there for I got 60 days out of some sotware. useing ther trial on another computer also works. also you could also fine a simerler program that is freeware.

If you do find out how to do it just give me a reply.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Sorry, but I doubt if anyone here is going to help you defeat the time limit expiration on a piece of commercial software..

If you need it, buy it!!

Murray

View Post

couldn't have said it better myself, Murray!

What you are asking us to do is unethical, and illegal. We do not provide that type of help on these forums.