Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer restarting/freezing

• Please log in to reply

namor

namor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok heres the deal, one day my comp stomp working and i figured it might have been the mobo...i need a new one anyway so i went ahead and did that. Came to the solution that it wasn't that, then replaced my power supply and it worked. Once i turned on my comp and got windows and everything installed, my computer started randomly freezing and restarting, i can't seem to find it doing at any certain point (for example when i run programs etc). Also today while i was browsing on IE, i got the little error box that popped up that said "this program has an error and must be terminated" or something of that sort. After i clicked ok, it kept popping up for everything i had running until i was down to my blank desktop with no start menu or anything. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
You'll need to supply considerably more background information beofre anybody can provide you with some meaningful help. Did you fire up that other motherboard with your same hard drive? Load any drivers? Do a repair install? When you changed back to the old motherboard, what did you do? Did you have a few error messages before you changed either the motherboard or the PSU? How long has this been going on?

There's an old adage - "Garbage In > Garbage Out" Said differently, if you can provide some detailed history and a better description of your problems and what you have done, we'll try to help you figure this out.

:tazz: