Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

what do you think of this build

• Please log in to reply

frow

frow

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 $481
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Socket 939 nForce4 Ultra ATX $142.00
Corsair TWINX Dual Channel 1GB (2 X 512 MB) $119.00
eVGA 7800 GT 256MB 256-bit PCI-Express x16 $450.00
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 16MB buffer 250 GB $145.00
Sony White/Black 16x DVD+R, DVD-R; 8x DVD+RW; dual layer $75.00
Sony Black DVD-ROM 16x $22.99
Sony Black 3.5 $10.00
Thermaltake Tsunami Mid-Tower ATX $109.00
Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W $54.00
Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Elite $67.00

Any suggestions you be helpful. I plan to purchase these items soon.

Advertisements

Pocketknifesown

Pocketknifesown

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ahh dude I cant really help you because im in the same boat as you are. But if theres anything ive learned about forums, its that people get pissed off if you make a whole ton of topics. Maybe you should try and keep it all in one thread and hope someone knowledgable will help you.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Good not much i would change except get yourself better RAM. Yeah dont spam up the forum other people have to use the forum as well.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Well for the processor I would maybe get the AMD 64bit X2 4200+ it isn't much more expensive than the one you have now. Also if it was me I would get a Raptor 34GB 10000RPM harddrive to run my OS and games and get a larger one to store misc. data like music, dvd's, and stuff like that. The graphics card is very nice I really want one of those. I also agree with warrior in getting some new RAM. I have been looking at wireless stuff for a while and I have heard that the mouse would work fine but the keyboards might lag if you are pressing more than one key at a time, which if you are gaming then you probably are.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Oh and where that crap did you find a eVGA 7800 GT for $450?? And a sony dual layer DVD+RW for $75??

frow

frow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I thought the ram I was getting was some of the best. Any suggestions on what I should get. Also any suggestions on a new graphic card the one I had there was mis qouted to me. thanks guys