Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 1942 Graphics Problem..VIA related

• Please log in to reply

makavelli963

makavelli963

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey all
I have gotten the Battlefield 1942 game (a bit late i know) and when i try to run it, the game menu is displayed properly, but when the actuall game starts, its impossible to make out anything and it all just looks like colourful hexagons and squares. This problem has to do with my Graphics chipset which i believe is the VIA chipset, not sure wat version though.

Could some1 enlighten me on this

Thx... :tazz:

R.i.p.Makaveli

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Buy a better video card. Integrated graphics like VIA are not made for gaming. Im guessing you paid less than $500 for your PC

makavelli963

makavelli963

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I Actually Paid $1000 (US) for my Pc..But thx for ur very kind words :tazz:

hvc801

hvc801

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Well, i dont even know why you would want to play 1942, when bf2 just came out and its great might i add, or vietnam .. but anyways .. yep your vid card blows get nvidia 5500 or 5700 its cheap and good.