Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth wont work with XP PRO

• Please log in to reply

mat8527

mat8527

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
My Belkin Bluetooth Dongle used to work on my XP Home machine (Pre insatallation os SP2), however it will not work at all on my new XP Pro machine. I have loaded the software on, but it will not complete the second half of setup, i.e. when windows detects a new usb device and attempts to search for drivers.
Any ideas as to how to fix this? Windows own Bluetooth program doesnt work either.

Thanks
Mat

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
in device manager, right click on an uninstall anything under usb...reboot.

allow windows to rededect basic usb hubs and host controllers.

reinstall your software -- then insert the blue tooth dongle..not before.

mat8527

mat8527

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
How do you access device manager? All usb devices must be deleted?

Thanks

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run
devmgmt.msc
<enter>

yes...reboot, they will reinstall on restart...

mat8527

mat8527

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have done all this, but it still wont work. Microsofts bluetooth program seems to be installing itself as the hardware for the belkin. However the microsoft one doesnt work, i.e. wont receive any files.

What I need is to be able to install the Belkin Hardsware and not the Microsoft one that seems to take over.

Thanks

mat8527

mat8527

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I e-mailed Belkin for a solution. it worked perfectly. See below attachement for the answer.

Mat

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
i cannot open it---I get an error on the file

mat8527

mat8527

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I tried to delete the one that wouldnt work and add another but this site insisted that 1.02mb is bigger than 2mb, so see below for the text minus pictures.

Hope this helps somebody.

Mathew

F8T001v2/F8T003v2 and Windows XP Service Pack 2

· If you have Windows XP service pack 2 installed and have a Belkin Bluetooth adapter installed the Microsoft driver will take control of he device and will render you unable to use the Belkin Bluetooth software.

· You can verify if this is the problem by looking at your system tray,

· As you can see the Belkin icon is red in the centre showing its unable to communicate with the device, and the Microsoft Bluetooth icon is present (Next to the clock) showing its that controller the adapter.

· Open the Windows device manager and expand the “Bluetooth Radios” section,

· Right click on the “Belkin Bluetooth Adapter” and select “Update Driver”, the hardware wizard will come up on the screen.

· If asked do not connect to windows update to search for software. Select the second option “Install from a list or specific location(Advanced)” and click next,

· On the next screen select the option “Don’t search I will choose the driver to install and click next.

· A list of compatible drivers will be shown, select the “Belkin Bluetooth Device” which is the Belkin driver and click next.

· The hardware wizard will finish.

· Close all windows, you will now see in the system tray that the Microsoft Bluetooth Icon has disappeared and the Belkin icon now has a white centre showing its communicating correctly with the device.

· You can now proceed and use the Belkin Bluetooth software as normal.