Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

accessing hard drive on dead lap top

• Please log in to reply

blackhawkgllry

blackhawkgllry

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Morning ya'll,
We were using an old sony P-1 lap top, and it just died. Talked to a tech friend and she thinks its a mechanical failure that has nothing to do with the hard drive.The old lap top is expendable, but it has a puile of business stuff on it I would really like to be able to get to.
My question is, is there a way to access that hard drive on my desk top PC. Any way to hook that lap top hard drive into my desktop?
The desk top is an e-machines Athalon.
Look forward to hearing back from ya'll

Thanks
Steve @ Creations by Black Hawk

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi Steve

Your best bet would be to buy a 2.5inch USB drive caddy. This caddy is designed to hold laptop drives - you simply remove the drive from the laptop, place it in the caddy & conenct it to your desktop via the USB port.
I realise you probably don't live in England & this is a link to an English site, but it will give you a better idea of what to look for :

http://www.ebuyer.co...oduct_uid=74822