Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Icons/test blury

• Please log in to reply

realapp

realapp

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
I recently refomatted my Gateway and reinstalled Win 98. However after installation, the text appears blurry kind of like when you start in safemode. Should I reinstall or do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I think you might need to install a Win 98 driver for your video adapter.

Try this

Go to control Panel
Display Programs
Settings
Advanced

Then there should be a button that says "change" click on it. Then you should be able to change your driver. I would put the 98 disk in and have windows locate the driver from the disk. If there is not one, then find out what video adapter you have (it should say in the advanced window and search microsoft.com for a new driver or google.com for the manufacturer's site that may have a win 98 driver to download, then go through same process again after you download the driver and specify wherever you downloaded the driver to)

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
I tried to reinstall the driver. It says it's a Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). I couldn't find anything on Microsoft, but I did reinstall it by just going through Add New Hardware Wizard. Any other suggestions as this didn't work?

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Search the web for an updated win 98 driver and download it. What are the details of the adapter, I'll help you find it.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
It just says a Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). Provider Microsoft File Version 4.10.1998

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
http://members.drive...?driverid=23204

Click Download this File on the right side of screen. You will have to register to download this. I have registered a few times and they always give me this.

username:
Driver2

Password:
all

So try that if you want and see if it works.

<_< -=jonnyrotten=-

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

http://members.drive...?driverid=23204

Click Download this File on the right side of screen.  You will have to register to download this.  I have registered a few times and they always give me this.

username:
Driver2

Password:
all

So try that if you want and see if it works.

<_< -=jonnyrotten=-

View Post

realapp

realapp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Thanks. Found the new driver. Win 98 apparantly installs the wrong one.