Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cpu Temperature

• Please log in to reply

QzXx

QzXx

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I was wondering what kind of temps people get on their Cpu with different cooling methods. I noticed i get 45-52C in windows or idle which is fine but in games my cpu temp rockets up to 70C. I have a standard HSF and one case fan.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Sounds like you need more case fans, 45c at idle is ok not great though, 52c at idle is not very good at all.

I would first try adding more case fans you should have at least one in the back pulling air out and one in the front pulling air in. I have in addition to these one 80mm in the side pulling air in and one 80mm on top (blow hole) pulling air out. I have a fan contoller on these to help with noise or I can turn'em all the way up when needed witch is rare if I keep the room temp under 80F

Once you have the proper airflow by adding fans as described above then you must have all cables tied up neatly and tucked away as best you can so the air can flow through the case. Once you acomplish good airflow by doing all the above you will find that most of the time you can keep the fans turned down all the way (by use of a fan controller) and the cpu temp at idle will be around 40C and full load 55C

If after doing all this the problem would continue you would have to clean and reapply new thermal past perferably atric silver 5. Even with a stock heatsink as long as you ain't overclocking these temps can be achieved.

The system in my signature idles at 37C and 45C under full load but I do have a better HSF then the stock one

Rick

Edited by Doby, 27 June 2005 - 07:45 PM.

QzXx

QzXx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Okay, thanks for the help.

How do you set a fan to intake? :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts