Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

PC-cillin and Messenger 7

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Firstly, let me explain that I am in no way computer literate although I try!
I have been described as 'weird' because, on my laptop, each time I have a PC-cillin update I am instantly disconnected from MSN Messenger 7.
Recently I have found that, even though the downloads appear to install, they don't and I then have to manually update - and consequently get disconnected from Messenger again. So that's a 'twice-disconnected' in a short space of time.
Friend who calls me 'weird' says he's never heard of such a thing happening before - and he IS a geek!
Can anyone help me please?

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
unistall the PC-cillin

it's probably seeing MSN as a threat so it disconnects it/prevents it from running

so the basic steps:
1. click on my computer
2. click on control panel
3. add/remove programs and remove the PC-cillin

if you want a great PC protection tool use both Mircosoft Anti-Spyware and Ad-Aware together and you'll have a spam-free machine