Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Horse [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JuJu

JuJu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi, I've been having Virus Alerts for a long time, it is a Trojan Horse infection and I did all the steps mentioned in the forum.

Ad-aware couldn't delete:

C:\Windows\isrvs\mfiltis.dll
C:\windows\isrvs\msdbhk.dll

Trend Micro found:
TROJ SWIZZOR.DQ
TROJ AGENT.MR
and couldn't delete them

Here is my Hijackthis log. Thanks for your help.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:17:32 PM, on 27/06/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Scorpion\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.bwsflqpme...Zz/SvVz0MLZ.htm
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Desktop Search] C:\WINDOWS\isrvs\desktop.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ffis] C:\WINDOWS\isrvs\ffisearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O18 - Filter: text/html - {950238FB-C706-4791-8674-4D429F85897E} - C:\WINDOWS\isrvs\mfiltis.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

Edited by JuJu, 27 June 2005 - 12:55 PM.

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi JuJu and welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums.

My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your log.

1. If you haven't logged in go to Geeks to Go and do so. Then proceed to item a.

If you already have logged in, go directly to item a.

a. Click on My Controls at the top right hand corner of the window.
b. In the left hand column, click "View Topics"
c. If you click on the title of your post, you will be taken there

2. Also, while at the My Controls page, check the box to the right of your post and then scroll down.
.Where it says "unsubscribe" click the pull-down menu and select "immediate email notification"

3. Please DELETE your current HJT program from its present location.

4. Download and run the following HijackThis autoinstall program from Here HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!

A. Close ALL windows except HJT

B. SCAN with HJT and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')

C. POST the log in this thread using 'Add Reply' (Ctrl-V to 'paste')

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

Regards,

Trevuren

JuJu

JuJu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi Trevuren, and thanks for taking care of me :tazz:

I did what you asked me to, and here is the new HJT logfile:

Scan saved at 7:51:11 PM, on 27/06/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.bwsflqpme...Zz/SvVz0MLZ.htm
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O18 - Filter: text/html - {950238FB-C706-4791-8674-4D429F85897E} - C:\WINDOWS\isrvs\mfiltis.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
First we will work on your Isearch infection:

1. Run HijackThis. Click on "Config...", "Misc Tools", "Open process manager". Select the following files and click on "Kill process". Answer Yes to the "Are you sure..." question.
  • desktop.exe
  • edmond.exe
  • ffisearch.exe
2. Launch Wordpad, and copy/paste the box below into a new text file. Save it as fixme.reg and save it on your Desktop.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{5b4ab8e2-6dc5-477a-b637-bf3c1a2e5993}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{950238fb-c706-4791-8674-4d429f85897e}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mfiltis]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\ext\clsid\{5b4ab8e2-6dc5-477a-b637-bf3c1a2e5993}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_delprot]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\delprot]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"desktop search"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ffis"=-

3. Locate fixme.reg on your Desktop and double-click on it.
You will receive a prompt similar to: "Do you wish to merge the information into the registry?".
Answer "Yes" and wait for a message to appear similar to "Merged Successfully".

4. Restart your computer.

5. Launch Wordpad, and copy/paste the box below into a new text file. Save it as Unreg.bat and save it on your Desktop.

regsvr32 /u C:\Windows\isrvs\msfiltis.dll
regsvr32 /u C:\Windows\isrvs\msdbhk.dll
regsvr32 /u C:\Windows\isrvs\sysupd.dll

6. Locate Unreg.bat on your Desktop and double-click on it.

7. Delete the following files/folders (if present) in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32
  • delprot.ini
  • delprot.log
  • desktop.exe
  • isrvs (delete the entire folder)
8. Delete the following file: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Delprot.sys

9. Delete the following files/folder (if present) in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Desktop
  • anal exploits.url
  • big d*** school for 2.95.url
  • evidence eraser.lnk
  • popup blocker stops popups.lnk
  • spyware avenger.lnk
  • virus hunter security.lnk
  • your platinum visa.lnk
10. . REBOOT your system

11. . Run HJT, click SCAN, produce a LOG and Post it into this thread for review.

Regards

Trevuren

JuJu

JuJu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I ran HJT, but I couldn't find the three files in the process manager, so I couldn't kill them.

ffisearch.exe and
desktop.exe
appear in the main page of HJT but not when I go to Config and process manager!

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Just continue with the fix please

Thanks,

Trevuren

JuJu

JuJu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I got the following message when instead of "Merged Successfully":

"Cannot import C:\Documents and Settings\Scorpion\Desktop\fixme.reg: The specified file is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor"

What should I do??

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Copy all the following text in bold right up to the dotted line into a Notepad file:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{5b4ab8e2-6dc5-477a-b637-bf3c1a2e5993}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{950238fb-c706-4791-8674-4d429f85897e}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mfiltis]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\ext\clsid\{5b4ab8e2-6dc5-477a-b637-bf3c1a2e5993}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_delprot]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\delprot]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"desktop search"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ffis"=-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save the file as Name: fixme.reg
Save the file as Type: All Files

That should make it easier for you.

Trevuren

JuJu

JuJu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi Trevuren, Thanks for your prompt response..
Here is what is happening with me:

1. I got few error messages when I ran Unreg.bat

2. I couldn't delete these:
delprot.ini

delprot.log

desktop.exe

because I didn't find them (they are not there!).

and isrvs floder couldn't be deleted (access is denied!)

3. When I tried to delete:
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Delprot.sys

I couldn't as well (Access is denied) and Norton poped up the (Virus Alert) window that I can't get rid of now at all..

4. there none of these files on my desktop:

anal exploits.url

big d*** school for 2.95.url

evidence eraser.lnk

popup blocker stops popups.lnk

spyware avenger.lnk

virus hunter security.lnk

your platinum visa.lnk

I restarted my laptop anyway and ran HJT and here is the logfile:

Scan saved at 11:49:50 PM, on 27/06/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
I hadn't noticed before but you seem to be running 2 antivirus programs at once. If this is the case it could be why the fix didn't work. One should never run 2 AVs at once. Please uninstall one or the other and send me a new log please.

Thanks,

Trevuren

Advertisements

JuJu

JuJu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I used to have MAcafee, but I uninstalled it and installed Norton instead. I know sometimes some Macafee files seem to be there, but the application is Unistalled!

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
We must stop, disable and delete an added service (023)

1. To stop a service and set to 'disabled'

Go to Start > Run and type in Services.msc then click OK

Click the Extended tab.

Scroll down until you find the service.

Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield)

Click once on the service to highlight it.

Click Stop

Right-Click on the service.

Click on 'Properties'

Select the 'General' tab

Click the Arrow-down tab on the right-hand side on the 'Start-up Type' box

From the drop-down menu, click on 'Disabled'

Click the 'Apply' tab, then click 'OK'

The service is now stopped and disabled.

Now do the same procedures for the following Services:

Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe)
Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte)

2. We will now delete the service:

1. Open HJT
2. Click on Config>>Misc Tools>>Delete an NT Service
3. Type McShield in the space provided and click OK
4. The program will ask you to REBOOT --- Accept

Now repeat these procedures for these services:

mcupdmgr.exe
MCVSRte

5. REBOOT into SAFE MODE

6. Using Windows Explorer, locate and DELETE the following folders and all its content (if it still is present):

c:\PROGRAM FILES\mcafee.com<---Folder
C:\PROGRAM Files\McAfee.com<--Folder

7. REBOOT back into Normal Mode

8. Finally, run HijackThis, click SCAN, produce a LOG and POST it in this thread for review.

Regards,

Trevuren

JuJu

JuJu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi Trevuren,

I did all the steps. But, when I wanted to delete (McAfee.com), Access was denied, so I deleted all the files in the folder except for (mcvsshl.dll and shlres.dll) which I couldn't delete because access was denied.

Here is the new HJT log:

Scan saved at 9:22:46 AM, on 28/06/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Good Job JuJu,

Your system shows signs of a LOP infection. That can be seen by the following lines in your HJT log:

------------------------------------------

First we will try and find some of the elements of the infection. If they are present, I will provide the necessary directions to remove them in the next post.
  • Open notepad
  • Copy and paste the text contained in the Code box into the new Notepad file:

dir %Windir%\tasks /a h > files.txt
    notepad files.txt
  • Save this as findjobs.bat , choose to save it as *all files and place it on your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on op findjobs.bat and post the content of the textfile you get in your next reply.
Trevuren

JuJu

JuJu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Here it is:

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 04D8-88A5

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\tasks

13/06/2005 11:24 AM <DIR> .
13/06/2005 11:24 AM <DIR> ..