Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown pictures

• Please log in to reply

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Hello,

Yesterday I deleted some picture files from the "My Pictures" folder which I no longer needed. When I opened the same folder today, I saw two folders (entitled "Scenic" and "Big City") plus seven pictures of flowers that I had not placed there and don't remember seeing before (all JPG files). They may be sample pictures from some program, but I had not installed any new programs for at least, but probably more than, a month.

Can anyone tell me why these pictures would appear suddenly?

Thank you.

p.s.

Turns out I found some of these pictures online, but does anyone know the program they are associated with?

scenic002
scenic003
scenic004
Scenic005

Edited by CelestialTeardrop, 27 June 2005 - 02:00 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I think if I rember right Flowers comes with dell media experance and the rest (all maby) all come with windows. They do sometime just get added in for not reason othar that you have used the program or activated them in some other way. just delete tthem every time they apear (I find them a pest some times).

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Thank you so much!

I thought I had some website install them without my knowing or something and got a bit nervous. I checked the Dell Media Experience folder and found them there under "Demo Pictures."

Edited by CelestialTeardrop, 27 June 2005 - 09:01 PM.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You are welcome. A few week ago I scaned my computer for pictures for some reason and in the prosess found these one that you had got in to your My Pictures folder. That a few days later had the some thing as you had. :tazz: