Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Service Pak 2 and Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I need to check an entry further and may want  you to submit this following file:
C:\WINDOWS\fontsvc.exe

Please await further instructions.

View Post

HI<

Haven't heard from you in awhile, just wondering if you found something. I'm still not able to use Internet Explorer. Those same two messages keep coming up. What now??? Thanks in advance!!! <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [*fontsvc] C:\WINDOWS\fontsvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [*fontsvc] C:\WINDOWS\fontsvc.exe rerun

Please reboot into safe mode - How do I boot into "Safe" mode?.
Be sure you're able to view hidden files, and remove the following files in bold (if found):

Please delete your temporary files. Double Click My Computer (WinXP: Navigate to Start --->My Computer)
You will see an icon representing your harddrive (most likely C: Drive) Right Click on the hard drive icon and click Properties at the
bottom of the fly out window. One the very first tab (General) you will see a button labeled "Disk Cleanup"...click that button.
Make sure the following are checked:
Downloaded Program Files
Temporary Internet Files and
Recycle Bin

Click OK and Disk Cleanup will delete those files for you.

Reboot your PC.

If you would please, rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log in this same topic, and let us know how your system's working. <_<

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.

Be sure you're able to view hidden files, and remove the following files in bold (if found):

Please delete your temporary files. Double Click My Computer (WinXP: Navigate to Start --->My Computer)
You will see an icon representing your harddrive (most likely C: Drive) Right Click on the hard drive icon and click Properties at the
bottom of the fly out window. One the very first tab (General) you will see a button labeled "Disk Cleanup"...click that button.
Downloaded Program Files
Recycle Bin

Reboot your PC.

If you would please, rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log in this same topic, and let us know how your system's working. <_<

View Post

OK, Thanks! But after I do this do you think I will be able to use my Internet Explorer again. I'm still getting those same two messages? Also about how long should the Ad aware take to scan? Is it normal to take around ten or more minutes and scan over 200,000 files? Let me know Thanks again.

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Were getting there. Ad-aware can take a while to scan. Be patient with it as it's a great tool. And as far as your fix is concerned....Almost there.

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Were getting there. Ad-aware can take a while to scan. Be patient with it as it's a great tool. And as far as your fix is concerned....Almost there.

View Post

Hello, I have done the above and here is my Hijacklog. thanks!!
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 8:04:01 PM, on 10/20/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Smtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\StartEAK.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\CCPDPSRV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\CPQEADM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\COMPAQ\CPQINET\CPQInet.exe
C:\Compaq\EAKDRV\EAUSBKBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\dpps2.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\ScreenPrint32 v3\ScreenPrint32.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Compaq\EASYAC~1\BttnServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq 1400P Inkjet Printer\CPQ1400P.EXE
C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Broderbund\Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 15\minimavis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PackethSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Hernandez\My Documents\My Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.bhawk.net
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.bhawk.net
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.bhawk.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = BlackHawk Internet
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CATLEvents Object - {6A06CDAD-9D2D-42A0-9C91-C0CF7CB9971B} - C:\DOCUME~1\HERNAN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\cvstnof.dat
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WCOLOREAL] "C:\Program Files\COMPAQ\Coloreal\coloreal.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] Smtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPQEASYACC] C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\StartEAK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [srmclean] C:\Cpqs\Scom\srmclean.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CCPDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\CCPDPSRV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTVOICE] pctspk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pop-Up Stopper] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\dpps2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScreenPrint32] C:\Program Files\ScreenPrint32 v3\ScreenPrint32.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: CPQ1400P.lnk = C:\Program Files\Compaq 1400P Inkjet Printer\CPQ1400P.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\PMremind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Internet Answering Machine.lnk = C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Personal Coach.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.c...nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B49FDE2A-2F29-460A-870A-B6A021D64A6E}: NameServer = 12.175.18.51 12.148.201.35

It seems as if those two that you wanted me to delete appeared still. Did I do something wrong?

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Please read the fix first. Print it out. These lines are still here:
I would guess you went wrong trying to delete them. What happened?

Fix them in Hijack as well as this one :
O2 - BHO: CATLEvents Object - {6A06CDAD-9D2D-42A0-9C91-C0CF7CB9971B} - C:\DOCUME~1\HERNAN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\cvstnof.dat

When you've fixed those three lines:
Be sure you're able to view hidden files, and remove the following files by locating them, using the file path names below. When you've found the files in bold (if found) delete them.
These ones:

C:\WINDOWS\fontsvc.exe rerun

Next : Please delete your temporary files. Double Click My Computer (WinXP: Navigate to Start --->My Computer)
Downloaded Program Files
Recycle Bin

Reboot and post a new log.

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Please read the fix first. Print it out. These lines are still here:
I would guess you went wrong trying to delete them. What happened?

Fix them in Hijack as well as this one :

When you've fixed those three lines:
Be sure you're able to view hidden files, and remove the following files by locating them, using the file path names below. When you've found the files in bold (if found) delete them.
These ones:

Here goes nothing.  New Hijack:  Keep me posted......

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 9:55:56 PM, on 10/20/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Smtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\StartEAK.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\CPQEADM.EXE
C:\COMPAQ\CPQINET\CPQInet.exe
C:\Compaq\EAKDRV\EAUSBKBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\CCPDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\dpps2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Compaq\EASYAC~1\BttnServ.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\ScreenPrint32 v3\ScreenPrint32.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq 1400P Inkjet Printer\CPQ1400P.EXE
C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Broderbund\Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 15\minimavis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PackethSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\HERNAN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.bhawk.net
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.bhawk.net
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.bhawk.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = BlackHawk Internet
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WCOLOREAL] "C:\Program Files\COMPAQ\Coloreal\coloreal.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] Smtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPQEASYACC] C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\StartEAK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [srmclean] C:\Cpqs\Scom\srmclean.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CCPDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\CCPDPSRV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTVOICE] pctspk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pop-Up Stopper] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\dpps2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScreenPrint32] C:\Program Files\ScreenPrint32 v3\ScreenPrint32.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: CPQ1400P.lnk = C:\Program Files\Compaq 1400P Inkjet Printer\CPQ1400P.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\PMremind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Internet Answering Machine.lnk = C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Personal Coach.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.c...nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab

Next :  Please delete your temporary files. Double Click My Computer (WinXP: Navigate to Start --->My Computer)
Downloaded Program Files
Recycle Bin

Reboot and post a new log.

View Post

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Ok, same as the instructions as before. You have one left. Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.

Next post a new log here. Almost there <_<

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Ok, same as the instructions as before. You have one left.  Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.

Next post a new log here. Almost there  <_<

View Post

Hello, me again :D
OK, I went and followed all the same instructions as before and the fontsvc.exe rerun will not go away and also the 02 - BHO CATLEevents Object etc. comes back.
I checked them off and rebooted in safe mode, then I viewed hidden files, and then I did disk cleanup. When I closed my computer to reboot a message came up that said END Program: Fontexe.svc not responding and before I could write everything it said down it went away. What do I do now. Getting crazy!!!

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Ok, same as the instructions as before. You have one left.  Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.

View Post

OK, I went and followed all the same instructions as before and the fontsvc.exe rerun will not go away and also the 02 - BHO CATLEevents Object etc. comes back.
I checked them off and rebooted in safe mode, then I viewed hidden files, and then I did disk cleanup. When I closed my computer to reboot a message came up that said END Program: Fontexe.svc not responding and before I could write everything it said down it went away. What do I do now. Getting crazy!!!

View Post

Hi Guys< anyone have any info on my problem? I would like to clear this up soon. I know it's getting nuts for everyone, but I'd like to know if there is any other stuff I can do to get rid of this problem? Is there any other way to delete the things you want me to delete? Let me know. thanks alot!!!!!!!

Advertisements

char12

char12

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

View Post

View Post

Hi Guys< anyone have any info on my problem? I would like to clear this up soon. I know it's getting nuts for everyone, but I'd like to know if there is any other stuff I can do to get rid of this problem? Is there any other way to delete the things you want me to delete? Let me know. thanks alot!!!!!!!

View Post

Please try and uninstall windows pk 2.
Go to start, control panel add/remove. Find windows pk 2 and remove.
restart computer and reinstall. Let me know how that works for you.

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

Hi, before I do that for the third time, tell me what that is going to do???
Thanks

char12

char12

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

Thanks

View Post

I had another computer that when I removed windows pk2 it solved the rest of my errors. How long ago did you install win pk2? Did you check to make sure there wheren't any other downloads that you needed from microsoft or your internet provider.
Let me know how it goes.

Deb227

Deb227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

Thanks

View Post

I had another computer that when I removed windows pk2 it solved the rest of my errors. How long ago did you install win pk2? Did you check to make sure there wheren't any other downloads that you needed from microsoft or your internet provider.
Let me know how it goes.

View Post

I installed it on two different times during this whole problem. Also, I just check for updates and I have no apparent updates at this time. Do I still need to uninstall?

char12

char12

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

View Post

View Post

View Post

View Post

Thanks

View Post

Let me know how it goes.

View Post

I installed it on two different times during this whole problem. Also, I just check for updates and I have no apparent updates at this time. Do I still need to uninstall?

View Post

Yes uninstall it and see if your internet explorer works then.