Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netscape http cookie monster attack

• Please log in to reply

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I keep on getting attacked by this when trying to veiw any of the forums of geekstogo, the home page loads up, but click an any forums, or even on forums top left link, and my norton 2003, flashes up an alert, and then geekstogo, won't load, browser says that it can't connect to the server, and to check my settings. Norton says that the attack is coming from somewhere in Indiana, with geeks12..... in there somewhere, but I can't remeber whether this was the server or not, I can access the site from work, and this is the only place I can post from.

Anyone got any idea what to do, I have IE and firfox, it happens on both browsers, just not sure which one first, there isn't much help out there read little bits and bobs, symantec says it is a moderate threat, but there is nothing that they say can be done.

cheers woody

this is a repost, also posted in win xp forum, sorry :tazz:

Advertisements