Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

maestro driver game settings disabled

• Please log in to reply

lyn

lyn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I uninstalled Office 2000, ran an erase program & reloaded it.
It erased lots of things I needed for computer to run.

Dell techs helped me uninstall & then reinstall windows 98SE.
after several days of loading, fixing & reloading (they gave up) I think I have things Almost back to normal.

FIRST PROBLEM-at startup, I get a message-"Windows Protection Error. You need to start your computer again"
it then takes me to safe mode.
I restart again, it take me to safe mode again.
I restart again, choose normal- & it may boot up OR may get the protection message again.

I noticed that in one of the first starting windows, Maestro Game Settings-3 were noted to be disabled.

Wonder if this is related.

SECOND PROBLEM-When I try to load QuickBooks Pro, I get 1/2 way thru then find I need to install NetFrame 1.1.
When I go to load it from windows update, it won't install.
I saw elsewhere in Microsoft help stuff a mention of Acrobat Reader update-So I loaded it- that didn't help.
I ran a system configuration test, but nothing came up wrong.

Does anyone have suggestion for these 2 problems.
I'm now waiting for new computer to arrive (3wks). would like to get this running if possible. need to get some work done.-so tired of fixing errors. :tazz:

THIRD PROBLEM- My backup disks (3) were bad or corrupted I guess, because nothing is in the files when I go to restore.
I took computer to a store to have them remove the hard drive to check for information. nothing there. I have been using "adeptec directCD".
My Winworks Autoshop and Quickbooks Pro data backups were created from within and saved to CD-they were restored properly. thank goodness.
My backups of My Documents restore only the folders w/nothing inside. But when I right click proterties of the backup disks, they are almost full, so I know something is there. Can't see any text files.
Can anyone help?

Advertisements