Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why as XP become REALLY Slow?

• Please log in to reply

UK Music Master

UK Music Master

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi everyone my computer was infected with malware today until i defraged the hd and then put a boot disk into my comp and deleted all logical drives so i was able to format in DOS.

This problem started when automatic updated downloaded service pack 2 last week. My task manager CPU is on 100% which can't be doing my 1300mhz AMD cpu any gud. I havent got a fan problem because i've got 8 case chasis fans as i use my comp for weeks at a time leaving it on over night.

In task manager it seems xpndis.exe is the problem and is using 95 - 99 % of my CPU. I cant get why this is happening... I've rebooted about 20 times within 2 weeks and that cant be gud for my hard disk.

My comp become very unstable and likes to take its time with everything I built the comp last year...

CPU: 1300 mhz AMD
RAM: 256
Graphics card: 128MB GeForce MX 4
60 GB Hard disk

I use my comp alot and would really like someone to help me out and I would very much appreciate it. I'm just hoping it can be solved.

Many Thanks,

UK Music Master

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.