Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft AntiSpyware

• Please log in to reply

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Hello,

I recently installed Microsoft AntiSpyware, but there appear to be several problems.

I set the automatic scan to run once weekly at 8pm on Wednesdays. It ran today, Monday, at 8pm. I checked the setting on the system summary screen, and it displayed Wednesday 8pm, but when I clicked on "Scan Schedule," the "Schedule Scan" dropdown menu was blank; also, the start time showed "12:00:00am" and "Current scheduled scan runs at: lblScheduleDisplay".

Further, in the System Explorers section, there is nothing listed under "system explorers."

Thanks in advance.

Edited by CelestialTeardrop, 27 June 2005 - 09:04 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to help, then about and seen when your version expires. if it expires in july then go back to ms and download the latest version (just releasd).

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and now it expires on 12/31/05, but the same problems remain. I have found several articles that state the problem with the scheduling feature has been reported several times (though they offer no solution), but no mention of the system explorers issue.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
thats wierd. I use it on 7 systems of my own (work and home). also install it on many clients system at work. Have not seen any issues yet.

:tazz:
ok I just upgraded my antispy yesterday. sure enough system explores is empty. the other advanced tools are there.

Well they are calling it a "beta"....