Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drive wont read disc

• Please log in to reply

jenifer_012485

jenifer_012485

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok so i put in a new dvd rom/cdrw drive in my computer a while back and it worked properly for quite some time. then something (i think it may have been a trojan) happened to my computer. so my mom had it sent to qwest to get it removed and now my drive wont read any blank discs. nero and roxio and windows media player all wont read the disc. i know it is a brand new blank disc and all the programs say to insert the proper medium to write to. any advice would be a great help thank you.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
If you have a DVD+R/RW drive you can not write to a DVD-R/RW disk and the same for DVD-R/RW it can not write to a DVD+R/RW disk. It is very inportant to get the + and - right. :tazz:

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
uninstall the driver for your CD-ROM and let XP detect it again and install it for you.
it could be a corrupted driver, it does happen.