Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Anti Virus Activation

• Please log in to reply

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I must have downloaded Norton's Anti-Virus 2005 several times already. I'm unable to activate by phone. The first time I loaded Norton 2005, I was able to activate the software by phone. I had to do a clean install. Now when I load Norton's 2005 on my machine, I'm unable to activate it by phone. I've gone through the registry keys and deleted anything w/ symantec, norton, or liveupdate. The 'Activation' screen doesn't come up in my machine. I'm not able to activate through the internet, so can someone please tell me how I can get Norton activated via phone? Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Have you been to the norton customer support website?
Quite a few people have deserted Norton software (overpriced, bloated, resource-hungry, excellent and free rival products now available) so fewer people will be able to help you.

Just read the support page on actiavtion -- just carry on using it -- an activation reminder will keep appearing after the trial period is up. You activate using the link and info in the reminder pop-up.

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Forgive me guys! I've been working on this computer forever. My brain must have been tired. I already knew how to get to the activation screen. Sorry, but thanks away.