Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Autocad 2000 on Win2k

• Please log in to reply

Cheezy502

Cheezy502

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have Autocad 2000 installed on a Win98 machine, and would like to install on Win2k. However when I insert the CD and open the folder on the CD, it says E:\AutoCAD is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. When I install on Win98, it says it can be installed on win 95, 98, or NT 4.0. Is there a registry hack I can do to make Win2k install autocad?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok lets try creating a shortcut on your desktop to the setup file. right click on this shortcut and got properties. there should be a compatabilty tab. go there and select win98. now try and run the setup.

I have checked around and you should be able to run this with no problems. (googled it).

let us know how this works for you.

starjax.

Cheezy502

Cheezy502

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK, I got it to install, but I did it by copying the contents of the Install CD to my 98 machine, making a zip file of it, burning to CDRW, copying to 2k machine, unzipping, and sending shortcut to desktop and choosing compatability. I'm not sure if I needed to do the compatability or not, but I did it anyway. I was able to install an old win98 simcopter game to my pc using compatability also...Thanx for the info