Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what would you build for $2000

• Please log in to reply

frow

frow

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I need your help. I would like to build my own computer instead of buying from a dealer. I have a $2000 budget and would like your suggestions. I have a monitor, speakers,keyboard, mouse. I just need the goods. I would like to go with AMD as the processor. Would like to SLI but not sure if that is in the budget. Please only suggest items that will be upgradeable in the future. Thanks guys and have fun.

I want your suggestions on the baddest gaming system for the money

Advertisements

spudZ

spudZ

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hey...2000$ is alot of money and can get you a pretty high end system if you have a monitor, keyboard, etc. For a motherboard I would either go for an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum, that way you can use SLI with 2 cards now, or just buy one and put another in once you have the money. For a processor I would get a 4000+ San Diego, or either one of the new dual-core CPUs or an FX-55 if you can afford it. As for a video card, either get dual GeForce 6800GTs for SLI, or get a single GeForce 7800GTX, either one will work for you nicely. For a case, basically get anything you want, but get one thats quiet and comes without a PSU, and then buy a 500W or more PSU to put in your case, because most of the time the PSUs that come with cases are cheap and aren't all that good for high-end systems. For a hard-drive get 2 200gb or so and put them in RAID 0, or 2 WD Raptors if you can afford them. Anyways good luck

-spudZ :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
A 4200 x2 and a 7800GTX with 2gb of crucial balistix ram in a silverstone or lian li.

chopyaedoff

chopyaedoff

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
case coolermaster stacker
psu tagan 480w
Amd FX57
ge force 7800gtx
asus a8n-sli deluxe
250gb hdd & 74gb raptor
dvd +/-rw
1gb cosair pc4400
asetek watercooling 3*120mm raditor cpu, gpu, nb ,sb ,hdd blocks

newbie09

newbie09

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks guys but your suggestions seem a bit high. My budget is $2000 or lower. These setups will run more then that

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not by that much if you dont buy an expensive case and get a good but cheap PSU and a smaller cpu you can get the RAM and you can get the 7800GTX. And no water cooling well maybe cheap water cooling like the cool river set.

Hold on you didnt start this thread.