Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.avi's running terrible

• Please log in to reply

Brennoweston

Brennoweston

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey all,

Usually I have found all my solutions on here without having to post, this is the first time i have had a problem that I dont seem to be able to find a fix for :tazz:

The problem I have is all avi files on my pc are running terribly. This includes raw uncompressed avi's, divx, etc. I have no issues with mpg's quicktime or anything else.

The biggest problem for me is that even the rendered previews in premiere are running terribly, so I can edit and alt-scrubbing works, but once i render my timeline it has the same problem.

My two thoughts are the cpu overload when playing avi's or perhaps a problem with my dv codec if thats possible.

Running a amd 2400, 1gb RAM. This only started in the last week so its not since a format or anything, and ive been able to watch these same avi's before. (captured video)

Hope thats enough info for some help!
thanks

edit: forgot to add ive done an ad-aware,spybot,housecall and cleaned out a few of the things it found.

Edited by Brennoweston, 28 June 2005 - 12:22 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok. uninstall all of your divx codecs and codec packs. reboot. run a defrag and download the latest codecs: http://free-codecs.com/ would be a good start.

http://www.videohelp.com/

Brennoweston

Brennoweston

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
will do thanks for reply.
ill report back with any success. :tazz: