Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Radeon X800XL

• Please log in to reply

gamermaimer

gamermaimer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I just upgraded to an ATI Radeon X800XL 256mb PCI Express Graphics card, and I wanted to confirm that I picked the right Graphics card in the 256mb PCI Express section. :tazz:

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
No, you should have spent few more dollars and got an x800xt which is MUCH faster.

I think you'll be fine but, you may regret not buying the xt when you have to upgrade a year from now when all the new games are getting 20 fps.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
gee MOLEXRULZ you are full of opinions.... still doesn't answer his question.

Im going to move this to the hw section where they can better answer you as I d on't own a pci-x system.

starjax

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
I just feel that he made a decent choice buying the x800xl but thriough personal experience i know the x800xl under performs. I am a tech consultant professionally. I help people buy the right hardware. and from experience I know the x800xl has dissappointed many people.

(Note: Im 15, and i got a good summer job)