Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Parttioning Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a 120 gig harddrive, when I reinstalled win2k yesterday, I forgot to partition the drive.

It goes like this, C:\39 Gig then when I look at the disk management panel, I see that I have 72.73 GB of unallocated space, and the C:\ with 39GB.

I purchased Paragon Partition Management 2005, and now before I mess things up again, I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to go about creating 3 partitions on the HDD.

By that I mean, keeping the current C as is with the OS and program files, then having 3 other partitions one for data, one for development, and one for image and graphic files. In the end I would have 4 partitions.

I am being daft at this point, and I would appreciate a dummies version of how to proceed. Like, step 1 do this, step 2 do that, etc...

Thanks in advance for any help you good people can provide.