Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Retaining Power Settings

• Please log in to reply

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
Hi chaps

The power options (i.e. power saving modes) can be saved under each profile by adding each user to the local administrator group and changing the setting, because its not allowed under normal user permissions.

The problem is its not retaining the settings, this is a gray area for me! I "heard" that the default profile and all users needs to be set with the same setting for it to stay, is that right? and if it is is there a simpler way of changing the power mode for all users to a set value (e.g. via group policies) without going through each ueser?

thanks for any respenses in advance.

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
just found out that there isn't a group policy setting that could set this, unless a 3rd party product is purchased!

ok so that has been crossed off the list!

still waiting for some advice. :tazz: