Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Virus driving me nuts

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone help with this?

I recently got a really nasty virus which caused me to reinstall parts of Windows as Windows Explorer would automatically crash everytime the pc booted up and I could do nothing.

Since doing this, I have one persistent little problem which I cannot seem to shake.

My virus checker (Avast) keeps finding one of two viruses in the same file. The viruses are either Win32:Trojano-1124 or Win32:Trojano-1252 and these both keep getting found in C:\Windows\system32\.exe

When you try and serach for this file, it doesn't seem to exist and when I delete it or move it to the virus chest it just keeps coming back. Within the same session!

I've run Xsoftspy, Spyware Nuker and Spybot and found nothing and Security Task Manager can't find any processes running that seem untohand.

I ca't even seem to find any real info on these viruses anywhere either! Does anyone know how to get rid of them. Hijack This log below.

It's driving me nuts!

unning processes:
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Security Task Manager\SpyProtector.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panicware\Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition\PSFree.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://news.bbc.co.uk/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://news.bbc.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTRegRun] C:\WINDOWS\CTRegRun.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Spy Protector] C:\Program Files\Security Task Manager\SpyProtector.exe /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{8F116984-1F6C-4D80-BE27-EA961ABBC287}: NameServer =
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{8F116984-1F6C-4D80-BE27-EA961ABBC287}: NameServer =
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{8F116984-1F6C-4D80-BE27-EA961ABBC287}: NameServer =
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Managing FAT and NTFS partitions - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dfrgfat16.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi droppin'. Welcome to GTG. ;)

Sorry it's taken so long. Since it's been a couple of days, please run hijack this again and post the new results in this thread and I'll take a look.

Aso, when you run the new scan, take care not to cut off the top part. :tazz: