Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

doobage

doobage

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ok well i got this fake error message on my desktop saying i had trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c and i managed to get my desktop back. But not whenever i start my computer a powered by freepod.com your content is loading,please wait box appears in the middle of my screen. i dont have any spyware or virus removers please can someone help.

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi doobage and welcome to GeeksToGo!

If you are having malware issues, please got to the following site and follow all the instructions carefully.

You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

Then post your HiJackThis log in this thread please.

Thanks,

:tazz:

doobage

doobage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks excal i will get right on to doing that.

doobage

doobage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
sorry to post another reply but when i click to download clean up it says - You do not have permission to do this action. If you think you should do, please contact the webmaster. i think my computer has had javascript removed sorry to be a pain.

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Try this link

Download and install CleanUp! Here

doobage

doobage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok when i click on the link a message comes up saying your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded. any suggestions?

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Hello, Excal is having problems with his Internet and asked me to take over. I need to see a HiJackThis log in order to help you.

Please refer to Excal's post "You must read this before posting a HiJackThis log" - make sure you are logged in to Geeks to Go when you try to download HiJackThis.

doobage

doobage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for the help but i seem to have gotten rid of the worst of the virus so im ok now.