Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software won't run

• Please log in to reply

Ridders

Ridders

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am experiencing the following problems. Please can someone help?

- Unable to run any software from my hard drive or desktop.

- Unable to do any downloads from the Net or from disc.

- Unable to print

- IE running very slowly

I have seen rundll32.exe errors popping up. I have checked my Windows folder and that file is there so it's not missing.

I am running Norton Antivirus which has been up to date. I am running a complete system scan but it appears to be stuck (it has been running or 10 hours now. Is that normal?).

I do not have spyware or adaware & I am unable to download them at the moment.

I am also unable to download any software to check my PC for corrupt files.

Unfortunately, I do not have any XP discs as the PC was second hand. So, I can't reinstall Windows.

What can I do?

If I do need to save all my hard drive to disc and reinstall new OS, how do I do that?

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
HI Ridders
Welcome to geekstogo
It soundslike you have a virus or spyware that is using a lot of your system resources thats why you can not run any thing Have you tried to the restore in system tools to a date before this started? I'm loooking more into what things may be doing this like virus,spyware,Ect. so we can get you able to down load and run the spyware tools and your antivirus.
<_<

Ridders

Ridders

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks. No I havent tried the restore. How do I do that.

Ridders

Ridders

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have done a restore with no success <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Do you have access to another computer? If so, download Hijack This to a floppy, run a scan, copy and paste the results back here. See Hijack This Guide in my signature for more info.