Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lost soundcard

• Please log in to reply

grinderk627

grinderk627

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
I've just recently had to replace my motherboard (Jetway 845) with a new one (Jetway 845 E PRO) after problems with the old one. The system seemed to be working after boot up, however, I don't have any sound now. I know the old Jetway Board had an in-built sound card, but I'm not sure whether the new one is on board, or I have to buy a separate one. All my proggrams tell me the drivers are missing. Is it possible that I have to load something to remedy this. The new motherboard did'nt come with any booklets or CD rom. I am running a P4 2.53Ghz system with 512Mb RAM. Maybe I'm missing something glaringly obvious. Could anyone shed some light please. I've also noticed that on start up, a command comes up saying "MBULTRA 133 BIOS IS NOT INSTALLED BECAUSE THERE ARE NO DRIVES ATTACHED" is this relevant? I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light. Many thanks.

Grinder

Edited by grinderk627, 28 June 2005 - 10:26 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
try going to the MoBo's manufacturer site and downloading both audio drivers and a bios update

R3D_R4M

R3D_R4M

• Pip
  • 1 posts

"MBULTRA 133 BIOS IS NOT INSTALLED BECAUSE THERE ARE NO DRIVES ATTACHED" is this relevant? I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light. Many thanks.

hello man! :tazz: look on your bios att the "onboard ATA/RAID Divice" if you don't have a HDD connected on IDE 3 or 4 you have to disable the Onboard ATA/RAID Divice.

I Hope that work!