Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty TROUBLE/;

• Please log in to reply

a fruit

a fruit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok i cant play call of duty because the installation says like enter cd2 and like it freezes there and than it says send error to microsoft report every single time plz help me plz

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
WHATS WITH YOU PEOPLE AND CALL OF DUTY. ITS AN OLD GAME. PLAY SOMETHING NEW. I THINK THIS FORUM NEEDS A SEPERATE CALL OF DUTY SECTION

i love caps-locks.

Oh, try uninstalling then deleting the directory then reinstalling

TalonT

TalonT

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:tazz: Well, I know how to fix this problem; exactly the same thing happened to me (but with multiple games!)
Either use 'registry cleaner' software to get rid of old installation files, or you may even need to wipe your hard drive and start over after backing everything up.

You see, the Instalshield wizard thinks that the game is installed, while the DISC knows that it isn't, because of some registry error.
If you try to clean the registry and that doesn't work, I really recommend backing up all your files and then wiping the hard drive. Or, you could spend $40 on a 20-gig hard drive, set it up as a slave inside your computer, and try installing the game on that hard drive.

One more possibility, actually, is that the CD is corrupt--maybe try getting a new one from whoever you bought it from.

Good luck, and good hunting in COD!!! ;)