Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Suggestion

• Please log in to reply

St0rm

St0rm

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I think the mods/admins should pin a topic about aurora spyware. Give the most basic, effective steps that work for removing it. A list of all the programs that you might possibly need would be nice too.

I plan to do this type of work for a summer job and it would be helpful to me and everyone else if we had some type of a reference topic. It could also reduce the amount of threads that are posted every day.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo! We do have a pinned "please start HERE before posting thread. By following these steps, many types of infections can be cleaned up prior to a HJT log ever being posted.

However, we will never post a thread for any "specific" infections. A good 95% of the time, Aurora *for example* is not the only infectin present on someone's machine. Each users' log/thread is unique, as are the steps to clean them up. Posting one "across-the-baord" thread would hurt many of our users' more than it would help them, as their other problems may not be fixed by following one set of instructions.

Believe me, if it were that easy...we'd have done it a long time ago! :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Unfortunately, it's not generally a 10 step program to rid your computer of spyware. :tazz: We wish it were that easy, as then we could back to our lives.

We do not offer self-help tutorials. We've found the steps required are often above the ability of an average user to follow, and we prefer not to deal with the messes from those fixes gone awry. Our system of guided help seems to work the best for the majority of users to this site.

However, other sites do offer self-help tutorials. You can find a good selection here:
http://www.bleepingc...g_Room-f55.html