Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

puter newbie of the most pathetic kind

• Please log in to reply

theproudlunatic

theproudlunatic

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i see that dr watson has been a busy bugger!!!!!!!he has me going bonkers when i try to view content in my external HD.first i will get regular ''windows must close''messages.the 3rd message will indicate dr wat debug is taking place.i ran spywaredoc and avg and they found zilch(i tried to defrag my external hd but not much gets defragged(how long should this take?).i am only experiencing dr wat when opening my external hd.ive read where people are posting their hijackthis reports and i guess ill be asked to do the same.now,should i follow the steps others are asked to or are hjt reports vastly diff from one another?for your patience alone,i wish i had bill gates type money and make all of you good people rich.ill wait my trurn for help.tyvm

Advertisements

theproudlunatic

theproudlunatic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
additional info on my watson debugger dilemma.....it seems to only mess with my external HD and only when viewing a folder/video and/or listening to tunes.when i select ''take no action'' from the autoplay option box,no watson.also,it seems that i can drag the message box out of the way and continue about my business,but lord help me if i switch folders....i get frozen and must shut it down(the ext hd).watson is more of an inconvinience(spell help)more than anything at this stage.i have read more dire circumstances and wouldnt mind waiting for those more urgent issues to be resolved.btw,you guys and gals fncking rock!!!!!!!!!!!hopefully you all are being rewarded somehow.

theproudlunatic

theproudlunatic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
a new delevopement....seems as though the sbag watson bug has run its course...no more debugging(unless its disguised itself).a new,somewhat more irritating problem ''avi chunk viewer'' has taken its place(a watson disguise?).ive looked into the chunk viewer and it seems to be trying to be ''interleaving'' a file(s).the chunk box states that an ''alternative avi splitter will now let a default one handle it''......first off,it doesnt state WHICH file needs splitting.2ndly,it doesnt state how i can assist in the splitting.3rdly and by far most annoyingly,after engaging a(usually a video)file,the information section on the left(which tells you size,name,details,etc will have NO info there.this is usually followed by problems and file(s)shutdown.the info i gathered on avi chunk is that its not malicious,just annoying.do i need this/what happens if i disable chunk box?as far as i can see,its not helping me and i was doing fine before i knew it existed.the timing of watson vanishing and this appearing is......puzzling.PLS HELP

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Three posts and no log to work on. :tazz:

Can you please follow the instructions here:
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

I will gladly have a look at the resulting log.

Regards,